The much-lauded team behind the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette is kicking off production of the new C7 generation in predictable fashion, with a limited edition version of the car announced this afternoon. Chevy is throwing a launch party at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY, at which the wrapper is being pulled of this 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Premiere Edition.
Just 500 examples of the Premiere Edition C7 will be built in total, with all being top-spec 3LT models and all wearing this Laguna Blue Tintcoat paint over Brownstone suede interiors. Other appearance upgrades for the Premiere Edition include suede and carbon fiber interior trims, a visible carbon fiber roof, hood stripe, “Stingray” kickplates and wheel caps and, wait for it… a matching set of Stingray luggage from Thule. It’s every dude’s dream: a Corvette with matching luggage.
Functionally, the Premiere Edition will be blessed with the Z51 performance package, as well as Chevy’s trick Magnetic Selective Ride Control. Those, along with the car’s impressive 6.2-liter, 450-horsepower LT1 V8, should make this special edition as formidable as it will be collectable. Continue reading below for Chevy’s brief press release, and be sure to get a close look at all that luggage in our attached gallery.
Production of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe Premiere Edition will be limited to 500, all top-of-the-line 3LT models with:
· Laguna Blue Tintcoat exterior, and Brownstone suede interior
· Suede-wrapped interior trim and carbon-fiber interior packages
· Visible carbon fiber roof, variable tuned performance exhaust system, and Z51 Performance Package with Magnetic Selective Ride Control
· Unique accessories, including “stinger” hood stripe, “Stingray”-logo interior sill plates and wheel caps, and custom Corvette-branded luggage from Thule
· Additionally, Premier Edition models will have a unique vehicle identification number, starting with 300001, as well as an exclusive dash plaque commemorating the limited-edition model.