Well its been a long weekend of watching collector cars go by the auction block and the auctioneer bang their gavel. I commend the auctioneer, for a long and tiring weekend they must endure.
After Saturday’s record-setting day, I am feeling a little exhausted myself. I believe the collectors car market is still strong, despite our economy and will be strong for years to come.
Here is Sundays top sellers:
5. – 1970 PLYMOUTH ‘CUDA 2 DOOR – Plymouth ‘Cuda. B5 Blue, U Code 440 V8. Automatic transmission. It sold for $71,500* USD
4. – 2008 ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE CONVERTIBLE – A highly equipped car with over $14,000 in options and originally sold for $146,040 at the dealer. It has 7,203 actual miles. It sold for $95,700* USD
3. – 1971 OLDSMOBILE 442 W30 2 DOOR COUPE – Documented W30, all factory number matching 455 with correct W30 H heads. It sold for $104,500* USD
2. – Two cars tied for number 2: – 1993 CHEVROLET LUMINA #3 NASCAR ORIGINAL – Original NASCAR driven by the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. the year he won his 7th world championship. It sold for $110,000* USD / – 2010 FORD SHELBY GT500 SUPERSNAKE CONVERTIBLE – 5.4 Liter, 750hp and 686ft/lb of torque. It sold for $110,000* USD
1. – 1968 SHELBY GT500 KR FASTBACK – It is #4434 of 4450 built. It sold for $132,000* USD
*Price Includes Buyers Premium
Also a few charity cars rolled across the auction block to raise money for their cause:
– 2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 CONVERTIBLE – The all-aluminum 6.2L supercharged engine packs 580hp and 556lb/ft of torque. Proceeds will benefit the Achilles International . It raised $150,000 USD
– 1969 FORD BRONCO CUSTOM SUV – Everything on this Bronco is custom-built. Proceeds will benefit the ARMED FORCES FOUNDATION. It raised $500,000 USD
- Batmobile Sells for $4.2 Million – Daily Beast (thedailybeast.com)